Friday, May 27, 2011

Por fin!

Had my last exam yesterday! It was awful, terrible, frightening good to finally be done! So yesterday I pretty much vegged out for the rest of the day and went out with some friends to my favorite tapas bar one last time (El Tigre!) and a bar that plays fantastic 70s, 80s, and 90s music. Goodbyes are no fun. Speaking of which, I said goodbye to some of the IES staff this morning, including my Spanish teacher/mentor/savior, Beatriz. Twas very sad, but I promised to keep in touch! How else am I gonna practice my Spanish?!

Packing at the moment. I'm finding it amazing how much I can fit in my fairly small suitcase, even smaller carry-on suitcase, and my tattered Wal-Mart backpack. It's gonna be interesting, that's for sure.

So tonight I'm going out with some of mine and Sam's Spanish friends, which should be fun. Tomorrow I'm finishing packing and having a picnic with them in the park with some Mexican food that Sam is making. Oh and one final trip to El Chapandáz, of course. Then VERRRRRY early Sunday morning, Sam and I catch a cab to the airport and off we go. Following the exact same route home: Madrid-Barajas to Washington DC Dulles, then from Dulles to Fuffalo, then home sweet home :) Ahhhhh so exciting, yet so sad. MIXED FEELINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment